*** NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS ***
- The winners of the 2021 IIFC awards were announced: Professor Jian-Fei Chen (Southern University of Science and Technology, China, 2021 IIFC Medal ) and Professor Libo Yan (Technical University of Braunschweig, Germany, 2021 Distinguished Young Research Award).
- Call for proposals for the IIFC official conference in 2025 (CICE 2025) – deadline 1 November 2021 (call).
- CICE2020 – 10th International Conference on FRP Composites in Civil Engineering, Istanbul, 1-3 July 2020 – Postponed to 8-10 December 2021.
- SEMC 2022 – 8th International Conference on Structural Engineering, Mechanics and Computation, Cape Town South Africa, 5-7 September 2022 – Special Session SS08: Structural Use of FRP Composites, abstracts due in 30/9/2021 (information on submission).
- IIFC Best PhD Thesis Award 2020 – Webinar with presentations of shortlisted candidates, 27/08/2020 (watch it here)
- PracNotes – The IIFC Executive Committee is pleased to announce the publication of the first PracNote in its series as the newest addition to our IIFC Publications.
Welcome to the website of the International Institute for FRP in Construction (IIFC). IIFC is a vibrant non-profit international organisation that was founded in 2003. It brings together a rich array of researchers, students, manufacturers, consultants, contractors and policy makers around the world, who are all mutually united in their goal to advance understanding and application of fibre-reinforced polymer (FRP) composites in civil engineering infrastructure.
The built environment is all encompassing and transcends international boundaries. The very social, economic and environmental fabrics of our societies depend upon safe and properly functioning built environment assets. We, however, face common worldwide issues related to improving the longevity and safety of existing infrastructure in addition to the construction of durable and resilient structures. The high-strength, light-weight and durable characteristics of FRP composites offer that universal constant that unite us all in addressing these built environment issues.
The IIFC offers several value propositions. It provides a focal point for facilitating discussion as well as the sharing of knowledge and experience across a broad spectrum of stakeholders around the world. The IIFC also promotes the generation of knowledge, and it provides thought leadership in the discipline. The IIFC and its members work on a range of associated areas such as research and development, application and documentation of practical installation as well as contributing to the development of national codes and standards.
The institute runs two flagship international conference series, namely CICE (International Conference on FRP Composites in Civil Engineering) in even numbered years and FRPRCS (International Conference on Fibre-Reinforced Polymer Composites for Reinforced Concrete Structures) every other year. The IIFC publishes a regular webinar series as well as a quarterly newsletter, FRP International. It also sponsors a variety of workshops and training events. Please take the time to peruse this website to learn of our rich array of offerings and activities.
An active and involved membership is vital for the continued success of IIFC. I therefore call upon all institute members to reach out to myself, the IIFC Secretary as well as individual members of the Executive Committee to discuss how you can engage with the institute. New members are also most welcome and we offer membership at individual and company (i.e. Patron) levels.
I look forward to hearing from you and also meeting you at one of our events.